Don't you lazy english think you should learn some arabic for our trip? Well here a start boys and girls.
http://lexicorient.com/babel/arabic/003.htm
Soon we'll all get the gist. Al-hamdu lillah
ma'a salama
Neill
Sunday, 14 January 2007
Saturday, 13 January 2007
Venture Adventure
Pete has agreed to the 9 -10 June. So we have 2 boats booked in June so we'd better fill them. Waiting to hear on a boat (or 2?) for may and a second for September.
Tuesday, 9 January 2007
Amoco a GO-GO
Spoke to Dave last night and we have booked Amoco for the June and September weekend. Dave is speaking to another skipper for us to arrange a second boat for those weekends. We, potentially, have spaces.
Cool
Cool
Saturday, 6 January 2007
Neill as Skipper

This comes from arecent post on SWM. Deep Blue are selling Endeavour (read thread - via Link)
Which is all very interesting. However mooch through this list and you will see Redeemer is also for sale at the bottom! Now I really wouldn't care less if I didn't do another day in my current job, so - does anyone have a hundred grand I could have. I would be your own personal skipper and your diving needs would be thoroughly catered for. So give it a thought divers - make me your skipper - send money.
Plymouth Diving 2007
This years diving.
All out of Plymouth.
19th & 20th May - 13 Names
9th & 10th June - 12 Names
22nd & 23rd September - 12 Names
9th & 10th June - 12 Names
22nd & 23rd September - 12 Names
I will need to arrange 2 boats.
Slightly stricter booking and deposit rules. I am going to ask for adeposit this year and if you have to drop out it will be your responsibility. So the following will be circulated for each weekend.
£?? per diver per day deposit - once I receive the deposit you're booked onto the trip. If you can't make it then it's your responsibility to find a replacement (although of course I'll help) and if a replacement isn't found then you're liable for the cost of your space.
Additional stuff from recent email.
Any way the dates for next year. I have hung back to get a local tide table as this can reveal the details of the tides. Popped into newsagents last night whilst waiting for my Chicken Bhuna.
We all agree so far on the 22nd & 23rd September. So thats firmed up - need to here from Rob & Brian, John & Lou and any others. The other dates - 9th & 10th June looks very good for tides and fits with everyone.
19th & 20th May coming off small springs but with a morning High tide slack for the wrecks.
Not all these dates are convenient for everyone, they are a good stab at fitting in with everyone and tides.
so Firm dates.
19th & 20th May
9th & 10th June
22nd & 23rd September
Please email me that these dates are generally ok (Thanks Rab & Alan). I will then open a list for each weekend and we will book boats. I would like to book boats asap and will then be looking for deposits at the end of January. I will most likely try and book Venture(10-12spaces) x 1 and Amoco(8-10 spaces) x 2.
Once we have confirmed boats and taken deposits I will open up the remainder spaces to our wider group.
Planned dives.
I am still waiting to do Hand Deeps ! Also the Maine is a priority.
Last years favourite dives for me were Hillsea Point, Abelard and Dave's hard core Mewstone Ledges mark that I did with Rob and Brian.
No doubt we will do the James Eagan Layne and Scylla but I never had a decent dive on them last year due to the viz. Interesting to see what the storms have done this winter.
Have a jolly hols. Ask santa for some new speedo's for July.
Here is a link to more pictures - I'll expect you to know your way round them by the time we get there..........
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/worldphotos/wrecks_reefs.htm
South West Mafia is a local forum
http://www.southwestmafia.com/forumswm/portal.php
Yorkshire Divers more varied but more useful.
http://www.yorkshire-divers.com/
Have fun.
Neill
We all agree so far on the 22nd & 23rd September. So thats firmed up - need to here from Rob & Brian, John & Lou and any others. The other dates - 9th & 10th June looks very good for tides and fits with everyone.
19th & 20th May coming off small springs but with a morning High tide slack for the wrecks.
Not all these dates are convenient for everyone, they are a good stab at fitting in with everyone and tides.
so Firm dates.
19th & 20th May
9th & 10th June
22nd & 23rd September
Please email me that these dates are generally ok (Thanks Rab & Alan). I will then open a list for each weekend and we will book boats. I would like to book boats asap and will then be looking for deposits at the end of January. I will most likely try and book Venture(10-12spaces) x 1 and Amoco(8-10 spaces) x 2.
Once we have confirmed boats and taken deposits I will open up the remainder spaces to our wider group.
Planned dives.
I am still waiting to do Hand Deeps ! Also the Maine is a priority.
Last years favourite dives for me were Hillsea Point, Abelard and Dave's hard core Mewstone Ledges mark that I did with Rob and Brian.
No doubt we will do the James Eagan Layne and Scylla but I never had a decent dive on them last year due to the viz. Interesting to see what the storms have done this winter.
Have a jolly hols. Ask santa for some new speedo's for July.
Here is a link to more pictures - I'll expect you to know your way round them by the time we get there..........
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/worldphotos/wrecks_reefs.htm
South West Mafia is a local forum
http://www.southwestmafia.com/forumswm/portal.php
Yorkshire Divers more varied but more useful.
http://www.yorkshire-divers.com/
Have fun.
Neill
Friday, 5 January 2007
Where do we go from here?

The Bends.
I may have had the bends. I had a completely uneventful dive on Tuesday night (09/05/06) . 33mins (surface to surface) at 22.8metres on Nitrox 32. Good profile, no rapid accents, I deployed SMB and never overtook the line. Did as 3mins at 5.5metres safety stop. Dark and cold but no dramas. No recent alcohol.
No symptoms on surfacing. Joanne says, I mentioned I had a sore hip when I got in about 9pm. I woke in the night 1230 in considerable discomfort in my right hip which was a tooth-achy pain that went all down my leg to my second toe which was a bit pins and needles. I went (hobbled) downstairs and took 800mgs of ibuprofen. Went back to sleep to 0600 and awoke in discomfort again. Had a conversation with Jo and aid I wondered if it could be a bend. I readily agreed to get some advice from DDRC when they opened. Took more brufen. Got ready for work and drove in, before I went into work I called DDRC and spoke to Dr Christine Cridge. She advised me to come in for evaluation. Cancelled my appointments, drove to DDRC. I was limping at this time. On balance I didn’t think it was a bend.
Was examined including (neuro exam) and we decided to put me in the pot. Did about 4 ½ hours on 100% O2 at 18m (60ft – US Navy tables). Was accompanied by Megan who looked after me (tolerated me) for all this time. The pain did certainly ease at pressure and my limp resolved. I was of course resting on a trolley. It did feel a little worse when we surfaced. Dr Christine felt it was on balance more likely to be DCI (a bend) than not. She felt that there was weakness in my right leg that had resolved on HBO/ recompression treatment.
I have always had crappy joints and regularly experience pain (but not usually to this extent) after football for example. Dr Christine felt that weakened and damaged tissue does attract bubbles. Took more brufen, slept well and felt slightly better on Thursday morning.
Went back to DDRC and they stuck me in the pot again 2 hours at 14m on 100% O2 – this time with the medical HBO patients some of whom were a bit snotty about going all the way to 14m because of the diver (cheeky twats). Neuro exams unchanged no difference to the now mild discomfort. Dr Simon not sure if bend or not. I didn’t think it was a bend. Went home took more ibuprofen. ( a lovely days annual leave!)
Went back this morning for evaluation. Had a conversation with Dr Simon we agreed further recompression unlikely to move us forward as symptoms largely resolved. On balance I didn’t think it was a bend, but I’m very aware of the denial factor with divers.
However I had done some internet research and had resolved my self to 4 weeks off diving based on what I had read. It would be absolutely the only option to follow the advice of the medics, whether it was a bend or not. I am resolved to treat it as if it was a very undeserved hit. The advice and explanation given by Dr Christine of tissue vulnerability is the most lucid.
I was devastated when I was advised to stop diving for a few months….. I have a follow up appointment with the medical director Phil Bryson on 30th May to review me. Until then I am dry.
I am well and healthy and hugely grateful to the prompt and superb treatment at DDRC. We are so fortunate to have this facility locally (don’t fancy going to Cardiff or London or wherever). They couldn’t have been better and I’m am trying not to be a brat about it but I’m gutted.
This rules me out of the first weekend, very probably the second and hopefully not for the August trip. The big worry is there a reason a had such an undeserved hit? 110 dive no probs – why me why now. Risk factors I am overweight, but I am reasonably fit, have done quality work up dive this year I am super cautious. Disafuckingpointed.
August 2006.
Had my medical which went well. Have a 6 month fitness to dive certificate. However have to dive Nitrox on air tables and lose 6kgs in 6 months.
January 2007.
My weight has yoyo’d over the last 5 months. I have been down to 83 from 85kg. The scales were read wrong at my medical and I was 88kgs but was recorded at 85kg. Currently I’m 86kgs so I’m gonna beast myself for 6 weeks.
I may have had the bends. I had a completely uneventful dive on Tuesday night (09/05/06) . 33mins (surface to surface) at 22.8metres on Nitrox 32. Good profile, no rapid accents, I deployed SMB and never overtook the line. Did as 3mins at 5.5metres safety stop. Dark and cold but no dramas. No recent alcohol.
No symptoms on surfacing. Joanne says, I mentioned I had a sore hip when I got in about 9pm. I woke in the night 1230 in considerable discomfort in my right hip which was a tooth-achy pain that went all down my leg to my second toe which was a bit pins and needles. I went (hobbled) downstairs and took 800mgs of ibuprofen. Went back to sleep to 0600 and awoke in discomfort again. Had a conversation with Jo and aid I wondered if it could be a bend. I readily agreed to get some advice from DDRC when they opened. Took more brufen. Got ready for work and drove in, before I went into work I called DDRC and spoke to Dr Christine Cridge. She advised me to come in for evaluation. Cancelled my appointments, drove to DDRC. I was limping at this time. On balance I didn’t think it was a bend.
Was examined including (neuro exam) and we decided to put me in the pot. Did about 4 ½ hours on 100% O2 at 18m (60ft – US Navy tables). Was accompanied by Megan who looked after me (tolerated me) for all this time. The pain did certainly ease at pressure and my limp resolved. I was of course resting on a trolley. It did feel a little worse when we surfaced. Dr Christine felt it was on balance more likely to be DCI (a bend) than not. She felt that there was weakness in my right leg that had resolved on HBO/ recompression treatment.
I have always had crappy joints and regularly experience pain (but not usually to this extent) after football for example. Dr Christine felt that weakened and damaged tissue does attract bubbles. Took more brufen, slept well and felt slightly better on Thursday morning.
Went back to DDRC and they stuck me in the pot again 2 hours at 14m on 100% O2 – this time with the medical HBO patients some of whom were a bit snotty about going all the way to 14m because of the diver (cheeky twats). Neuro exams unchanged no difference to the now mild discomfort. Dr Simon not sure if bend or not. I didn’t think it was a bend. Went home took more ibuprofen. ( a lovely days annual leave!)
Went back this morning for evaluation. Had a conversation with Dr Simon we agreed further recompression unlikely to move us forward as symptoms largely resolved. On balance I didn’t think it was a bend, but I’m very aware of the denial factor with divers.
However I had done some internet research and had resolved my self to 4 weeks off diving based on what I had read. It would be absolutely the only option to follow the advice of the medics, whether it was a bend or not. I am resolved to treat it as if it was a very undeserved hit. The advice and explanation given by Dr Christine of tissue vulnerability is the most lucid.
I was devastated when I was advised to stop diving for a few months….. I have a follow up appointment with the medical director Phil Bryson on 30th May to review me. Until then I am dry.
I am well and healthy and hugely grateful to the prompt and superb treatment at DDRC. We are so fortunate to have this facility locally (don’t fancy going to Cardiff or London or wherever). They couldn’t have been better and I’m am trying not to be a brat about it but I’m gutted.
This rules me out of the first weekend, very probably the second and hopefully not for the August trip. The big worry is there a reason a had such an undeserved hit? 110 dive no probs – why me why now. Risk factors I am overweight, but I am reasonably fit, have done quality work up dive this year I am super cautious. Disafuckingpointed.
August 2006.
Had my medical which went well. Have a 6 month fitness to dive certificate. However have to dive Nitrox on air tables and lose 6kgs in 6 months.
January 2007.
My weight has yoyo’d over the last 5 months. I have been down to 83 from 85kg. The scales were read wrong at my medical and I was 88kgs but was recorded at 85kg. Currently I’m 86kgs so I’m gonna beast myself for 6 weeks.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)

